Thursday, May 19, 2011

No pepper shakers after 8 pm.

I have been re-reading Galatians and in 1:10 it reads, "For am I now seeking approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Last night at POD I was really convicted of not taking advantage of every opportunity and why? Because I was afraid of hurting someone's feelings? Didn't want to be too pushy? Wasn't sure how that person felt? Dumb excuses. One of the girls had just gotten back from a leadership conference and she shared a quote, "You can't light someone else's flame, but God can use you to fan it". That really spoke to me, even if fear of man was holding me back it's not really because I am going to fail it's because I'm trying to protect God from the disappointment. (dumb) It's like I'm telling God "hey ummm....I'm a human so let me handle this because I know how to communicate better." (dumb) So afterwards I realized that I need to take advantage of the relationships in my life and share how important Jesus is to me. Who cares if they are uncomfortable? (I enjoy making people uncomfortable, btw.) I should be doing it more often.
Shannon's life lesson #362

I spoke at my Uncle's church and it went fantastically! It was such a blessing to share and get practice talking about what God's doing and being vulnerable in front of people. I had the opportunity to meet a girl that's my age and is on fire for Jesus. It's exciting for me to hear about what adventure God is taking her on! And how it's totally different from the one He is taking me on, but just as impacting! Also, they will be supporting me monthly and taking up a special offering for me this Sunday! God's basically awesome with a bag of chips.

I am speaking at my church this Sunday. I am almost ready I just need to edit a few things and call some people. I'm really excited to share with people who are in my life weekly, people who supported me and prayed for me the first time.

God is still on me about His timing. I would say it's getting easier...but I still have times where I have to sit and focus. (literally, I have to stop and sit.) I've been getting places early and so I read just to ease this obnoxious feeling in my chest, which is odd but it's helpful.

Well, I need to do some productive things before the girls wake up. Thanks for all your prayers and support, I appreciate it greatly.

Have a fantastic day, remember to spend time with Jesus! It'll be worth it, promise! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment