Saturday, October 8, 2011

Corridor is french.





On Beach to bush we travel around Queensland doing programs in schools, youth groups, church services, and prayer meetings. Also we have lectures at camp grounds and beaches. On our last road trip we travelled up to Airlie beach (whitsundays) and we had lectures on Holy Spirit. We stayed in Airlie for a week. During that time we joined the Discipleship school that was running in Airlie for these lectures. It was really good to watch the students get revelation about Holy Spirit and how he is just as much God as Jesus is!
One of the opportunities we had was having a BBQ right on the ocean. (Airlie beach is a big backpacker spot) We just played sports and asked people if they would like to join us. As we were waiting for the food to be done I saw a man in a travel van. I walked over to him and asked if he wanted to join us. He told me yes but he needed to finish writing a letter. I asked who the letter was to and he said it was to his dad! I then asked if he had a good relationship with his dad and he said that he would after this letter! So I chatted for a bit longer and then walked away so he could finish. About 20 minutes later I look over and another guy from my staff team, Matt, was standing and talking to Andrew (the guy in the van) they talked for quite some time. Then I saw Matt praying for him. After about 3o minutes they both walked over to eat and Matt shared with me that Andrew had just become a believer! So stoked! He apparently had gone to church growing up but realized he needed more in his life. So we got to encourage him for a bit then we told him about the church we were attending on Sunday. And on Sunday, he showed up!!!! He told us about the night before he had met a couple and they were pastors and they had a 4/5 hour conversation about Jesus and the bible and they prayed for him. Then on Sunday afternoon he
came to the baptism of 2 of our students. It was so amazing to hear how God kept setting up app
ointments for him to keep going!

That is just one story of our three week road trip. I have to go make dinner for the base, but I will update more as soon as possible. Thank you for being patient!!

<3 Shann

No comments:

Post a Comment