Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Follow the leader.

Okay, peeps! I am going to update you on the status of our new school!

It starts 1 August and it's been a whirlwind since then! We had what is called a "welcome dinner" on Wednesday night, the orientation on Thursday and Friday. We then packed up as a school of 31 to travel 2 hours west to a country town called Toowoomba! 

We spent Friday, Saturday, and half Sunday at camp Toowoomba. This facility we stayed at reminds me of the camp property on the film "the parent trap". I've ALWAYS wanted to stay at a camp like that so it's pretty cool. 

While we were in Toowoomba we shared testimonies (personal stories), play an intense game of capture the flag, and ate. Sharing all 31 stories took about 11 hours? It was crazy! I personally LOVE hearing about where people come from and where God has brought them. 

This past Monday we started lectures on the Character and Nature of God. It's only the second day, but it's been pretty good! 

As a staff team we feel like God wants to redeem families and have us be unified. You guys can pray for that. The first few weeks can be hard for some students. They get really home sick and just feel way out of their comfort zones. But it's TOTALLY worth it and they just need to stick it out and find out themselves! (: 


Right now, I am personal feeling content. God is good. I realise everyday my deeper and deeper need for him. (I think I shared this previously, but it gets more and more real!) I have been teaching a few times recently. I taught on a camp (previously mentioned), and I also shared in Orientation about the wildlife of Australia, and yesterday I shared on Quiet times. 

Yesterday when I was preparing for the Quiet times teaching my heart was feeling overwhelmed. It wasn't that I was nervous about the teaching but more that God is doing stuff with the students and my own heart and my heart was just full. God has been teaching me how to be more vulnerable. 

The other day (in camp toowoomba) after I shared my story I felt so vulnerable. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but then it dawned on me. God has healed my heart, vulnerability and openness is what he wants so why wouldn't I feel like that! (: It's getting easy for me to share my heart and emotions which is scary but also a testimony to God's grace!!!


The up coming weeks involve more lectures, small groups,and team bonding! We are also reading through the new testament on the first 4 months of the school. THEN we will be going away to a town called Redcliffe and we will be reading through the WHOLE BIBLE in 48 hours!!!!!!!! Pray for us then! 

Please keep us in your prayers! We need them. (:

Also pray for our school leader, Jennifer. Because she's our leader and she carries a lot. (: 

Well, if anyone wants to write me, remember that I LOVE LETTERS! (: And emails!!!


I love you all, thank you for your support. Ask me questions if you want to know anything! 

Peace and chicken grease. 
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment